Elysabeth Alfano, CEO of VegTech, is the fund manager and advisor to the world’s only plant-based ETF, EATV. She is driven and passionate about addressing climate change in a matter of years not decades. Often, many reports say we have till 2050, but she argues that we need to look at 2030 as the date we need new systems in plate to reap the existential rewards by 2050.
While many issues related to climate change like renewable energy and green transportation are imperative to a healthier planet, looking at how agriculture contributes 14.5% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions, according to the United Nations is an area many aren’t considering and this sector is ripe for disruption.
Listen to Elizabeth and Gabe discuss this hidden mega-trend that can help create a meaningful impact on our planet and learn about how our agriculture industry connects to food security, the global supply chain, public health, and animal welfare.
In this episode, Elysabeth and Gabe discuss:
- The growing issue of how to create more food in a shorter amount of time while causing less damage to our planet
- How raising 80 billion animals affects issues of land management and our own health.
- How alternative proteins are created and why using fermentation and fungi creates massive amounts of proteins with low resource use.
- How to bring planet-based innovation into client portfolios and how to talk about its impact on the environment
About YourStake Your Story:
YourStake aims to provide advisors with everything they need to understand ESG issues, analyze portfolios, and report to clients. We want to equip you with the underlying data and analysis tools to navigate ESG. The YourStake, YourStory podcast is designed to amplify voices in the financial industry who are leading the charge for socially responsible investing practices.
Each episode, we are joined by experts in the field to hear their stories about what brought them into the industry, why they are passionate about ESG and values-based investing, and much more.
- VegTech Invest
- Elysabeth Alfano LinkedIn
- EATV ETF
- EATV study on impact
- Boston Consulting Group study on planet-based proteins